Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Is Not My Favorite Season

I am very cold natured so fall just reminds me that it will be winter soon. I would not survive living where there is snow on the ground for months and months. I am perfectly satisfied with seeing snow once every 10 years. While I am not fond of the weather, I love the fall and winter holidays. It will be Halloween soon and that means "PARTY" at my house.



As you can see, my family loves a party. I will be taking some time off from work next week so I will have lots of time to decorate and finish costumes. Can't say what we are going to be this year but I will post pics after the party.
I love Thanksgiving because I get to cook for everybody. Thanks to the girls, I have this new apron to wear this year. They found it while we were shopping one day and thought I should have it. I will remember that shopping day every time I wear it.

Here are a couple of easy recipes that remind me of fall.

Sopapilla Cheesecake


Great served cold. Unbelievable served warm with vanilla ice cream!

Ingredients


2-8 oz. packages cream cheese (softened)

1-1/2 cups sugar, divided

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cans of crescent rolls

1 stick REAL butter (melted)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 365 degrees. Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla with mixer until smooth. Spray bottom of 9x13 pan. Put one can of crescent rolls on bottom of pan. Spread cream cheese mixture over crescent rolls. Put another can of crescent rolls over mixture. Melt 1 stick real butter. Add 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to melted butter and stir well. Pour over the top of crescent rolls. Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes.

Hot Cider

1 Quart Apple Cider

2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar

3 Tablespoons Caramel Topping

Whip Cream

Put the cider, sugar, and topping in a large crock pot. Keep on low and top with whip cream when serving.

I hope you have enjoyed fall in my shoes. Hope your holidays are fun. Take lots of pictures.....you never know where they may end up.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you like the apron. I can't wait to eat on Thanksgiving :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting such great costume pictures and delicious recipes! Can't wait to try to make some stuff!

    ReplyDelete